5 IPS, 2 IAS officers transferred in West Bengal
The transfer orders came 10 days after EC removed Kolkata Police Commissioner Gautam Mohan Chakraborty.
Kolkata: Five IPS and two IAS officers in poll-bound West Bengal were transferred on the direction of the Election Commission, chief secretary Samar Ghosh said here on Monday. The transfer orders came 10 days after Kolkata Police Commissioner Gautam Mohan Chakraborty was removed on a similar EC direction.
An official source said Vineet Goel, Joint Commissioner of Traffic Police, Kolkata, was appointed DIG (Midnapore range) in place of Anil Kumar. Neeraj Kumar Singh, Joint Commissioner of Police, Kolkata, was appointed as DIG (Murshidabad range). The post was so long lying vacant.
K Jayaraman will replace Ajit Sarkar as Superintendent of Police, East Midnapore district, the source said. Ritesh Mohan was appointed Divisional Commissioner of Burdwan, while Pramal Kumar Samanta, District Magistrate of
Malda will be replaced by Rajesh Sinha.
The state will have a six-phase poll between April 18 and May 7.
- Four Member Countries Boycott SAARC Summit In Islamabad
- PM To Review Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation Status Today
- Pakistan Troops Fire at Indian positions on LoC in Poonch
- Should India Withdraw MFN Status to Pakistan: The Case For and Against
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged