DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
55 observers arriving in TN to monitor counting
TN poll official Praveen Kumar said 55 external observers will arrive on May 12 to monitor the counting process.
Chennai: Ahead of counting of votes on May 13, Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar on Sunday said 55 external observers will arrive in the state on May 12 to monitor the process.
Security has been tightened at the 91 centres where the electronic voting machines have been kept with paramilitary and Tamil Nadu Special police force personnel maintaining vigil, he told reporters after holding a review meeting with the registered political parties.
On counting day, each centre would also be monitored by a surveillance camera."Results will be announced after completion of each round. Because of that there may be some delay in announcing the results this time", he said.
Tamil Nadu along with Kerala and Puducherry went to polls on April 13.
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi is contesting from his home town of Tiruvarur constituency while his rival, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa from Srirangam constituency.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs