DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
6 govt staff suspended for violating poll code
The Puducherry govt has suspended 6 of its employees for allegedly participating in poll-related activities.
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has suspended six of its employees for allegedly participating in poll-related activities of political parties in this Union Territory.
Jesudoss (an employee of Agriculture Department), Ilango (Khadi and Village Industries Board), Mangayarselvam (Education Department), Velmurugan (Puducherry State Marketing Committee), Singaram (State-owned Corporation for Development of Minorities and Backward Classes) and Sankaralingam (Directorate of Stationery and Printing) have been suspended as they participated in activities of certain political parties, the government said in a statement on Saturday.
A school teacher had already been suspended in Puducherry for refusing to accept duty assigned by the Election Commission. Complaints received against some other employees are being examined, the statement said.
The Model Code of Conduct is in force in Puducherry ahead of the April 13 Assembly elections.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket