66.76 per cent polling in Assam re-poll
An estimated 66.76 per cent of the electorate exercised their franchise in the re-poll in ten polling stations.
Silchar/Karimganj: An estimated 66.76 per cent of the electorate on Thursday exercised their franchise in the re-poll in ten polling stations in Cachar, Hailakandi and Karimganj districts in Barak Valley, official sources said.
Re-poll was held in one polling station each of Karimganj (South), Borkhola, Algapur, Udharbond, Dholai and five in Silchar.
In Cachar district, 58.22 per cent polling was recorded, in Karimganj an estimated 70 per cent and in Hailakandi 72.09 per cent of the voters exercised their franchise.
Re-poll was ordered following complaints against some polling officials and malfunctioning of EVMs.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology