75 per cent voting in Assam assembly repoll
The repoll was done in six centres of three assembly constituencies.
Guwahati: An estimated 75 per cent of voting was recorded during re-polling in six centres of three Assam assembly constituencies on Monday. Election officials said voting was held in a peaceful manner between 7 am and 3 pm.
The Election Commission had ordered re-polling in these centres in Rangiya, Bhawanipur and Udalguri following disturbances during the second phase of the hustings on April 11.
At Rangiya, 83.43 per cent voters cast their votes on Monday. Polling was suspended in the constituency following clashes between the voters and BSF men leading to injury of 22 people during police baton charge.
At North Udalguri Nagar Prathimik Vidyalaya in Udalguri constituency, 62 per cent voters exercised their franchise after polling was stopped on April 11 when
miscreants had tried to rig the polls.
In Bhawanipur constituency, 80 per cent of the electorate cast their votes at polling station Number 111 in Geruwapara, where voting was stopped due to malfunctioning of EVMs during the second phase of polling.
Recommended For You
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Audi RS7 Performance Review: Who Needs a Lamborghini?
- Baahubali 2, Bajirao Mastani And Other Most Expensive Indian Movies
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, The New Internet Sensation