DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Achuthanandan to resign as Kerala CM tomorrow
UDF got a slender majority of 72 seats in the Kerala Assembly polls.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan will submit his resignation to Governor R S Gavai on Saturday, accepting the verdict of the assembly polls which gave a slender majority of 72 seats to UDF in the 140-member house.
Sources in the Chief Minister's office said Achuthanandan would be back in the state capital on Saturday morning and hand over the resignation to the Governor by the forenoon.
The 87-year-old Marxist veteran is now in Malampuzha in Palakkad, from where he scored an impressive win for the third time in a row.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere