Achuthanandan to resign as Kerala CM tomorrow
UDF got a slender majority of 72 seats in the Kerala Assembly polls.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan will submit his resignation to Governor R S Gavai on Saturday, accepting the verdict of the assembly polls which gave a slender majority of 72 seats to UDF in the 140-member house.
Sources in the Chief Minister's office said Achuthanandan would be back in the state capital on Saturday morning and hand over the resignation to the Governor by the forenoon.
The 87-year-old Marxist veteran is now in Malampuzha in Palakkad, from where he scored an impressive win for the third time in a row.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner