Action to be taken, says Nitish on ex-MLA's extortion call
Lalu Prasad said "this is the true face of the rule of the NDA" of which the JD(U) is the senior partner in Bihar.
Patna: The opposition on Monday slammed the ruling JD(U) after a jailed former MLA allegedly called up an engineering college director demanding Rs two crore, while Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said action would be taken. After meeting the director, RJD president Lalu Prasad said "this is the true face of the rule of the NDA" of which the JD(U) is the senior partner in Bihar.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar time and again alleged that industrialists fled from Bihar during 15 years rule of RJD government. What is happening in his regime?" he said. Another opposition party, CPI-ML, has also condemned the incident in which ex-MLA Munna Shukla allegedly rang up the director and demanded the money to organise JD(U)'s 'Adhikar rally' here on November 4.
Nitish Kumar, however, said: "Rule of law is prevailing in Bihar where neither anybody is fixed nor protected for wrongdoing. A probe is on. Proper action will be taken. Keep faith on the police." Santlal Yadav, the director of Pataliputra Engineering College had lodged an FIR on Shukla's alleged demand at
Bhagwanpur police station in Vaishali district where Shukla's constituency Lalganj is located.
The present MLA of Lalganj is his wife Anju Shukla, while Munna Shukla is in Muzaffarpur central jail serving life term for the murder of former Gopalganj district magistrate G Krishnaiah in 1994. After meeting Lalu Prasad, Santilal Yadav said Shukla called him on October 26 and 27. "First he demanded Rs 7 crore for the Adhikar rally and the next time told me to send Rs 2 crore for the same purpose. I and my family are scared."
He said he has been provided with an armed policeman for his security after the incident which would not send a good signal to outside investors. The engineering college is owned by Canada based NRI JS Dhaliwal.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary