Kejriwal's allegations seem motivated: Adani Group
Arvind Kejriwal had stated that the Adani Group blackmailed the Gujarat government into providing it coal blocks in return for electricity.
New Delhi: The Adani Group on Tuesday hit back at Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal who had levelled charges of corruption against it and the Narendra Modi government. "The allegations seem to be motivated and lack deeper understanding of the matter," Adani Group said in a statement.
Kejriwal had alleged that the Adanis were allotted acres of land in Gujarat at less than half the rate prevalent. He further stated that the Adani Group blackmailed the Gujarat government into providing it coal blocks in return for electricity, which again came at a higher price.
Denying the charges, Adani said, "The land for SEZ at Mundra was allotted following due process of law. The allegation related to coal supply by Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (GMDC) is baseless. Till date we have not received any coal from GMDC."
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18