Kejriwal's allegations seem motivated: Adani Group
Arvind Kejriwal had stated that the Adani Group blackmailed the Gujarat government into providing it coal blocks in return for electricity.
New Delhi: The Adani Group on Tuesday hit back at Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal who had levelled charges of corruption against it and the Narendra Modi government. "The allegations seem to be motivated and lack deeper understanding of the matter," Adani Group said in a statement.
Kejriwal had alleged that the Adanis were allotted acres of land in Gujarat at less than half the rate prevalent. He further stated that the Adani Group blackmailed the Gujarat government into providing it coal blocks in return for electricity, which again came at a higher price.
Denying the charges, Adani said, "The land for SEZ at Mundra was allotted following due process of law. The allegation related to coal supply by Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (GMDC) is baseless. Till date we have not received any coal from GMDC."
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology