Advani a leader of weak character, says Azam Khan
"In reality, Advani is a leader of weak character," Azam told reporters in Badun after distributing cheques pertaining government schemes.
Badaun: Taking a line different from party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav who recently praised LK Advani, Uttar Pradesh minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Monday termed the BJP veteran a leader of "weak character". "Advani was an accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case and he pays obeisance at the grave of Mohammad Ali Jinnah and terms himself as a secular.
"In reality, Advani is a leader of weak character," Azam told reporters in Badun after distributing cheques pertaining to Kanya Vidyadhan and other government schemes. At a function in Lucknow on March 23, 2013, Mulayam showered praise on Advani and used his comments to lash out at his son Akhilesh Yadav's government in Uttar Pradesh. "Advani sahab says Uttar Pradesh is in a very bad state and corruption is rampant. Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth," the SP chief had said.
Targeting the Congress, Azam said its vote percentage was declining in Rae Bareli and Amethi, Lok Sabha constituencies of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi respectively. Lashing out at the BSP, he said the hard-earned money of the people was used in constructing parks and installing statues during Mayawati's regime.
Political character judgement
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces