RSS chief likely to meet LK Advani today
The leaders are likely to discuss concerns raised by Advani in the running of the party.
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani and Rashrtiya Swayamsevak Sangh Chief Mohan Bhagwat are likely to meet on Thursday. The meeting initially set for wednesday was called off as the Bharatiya Janata Party leader was unwell.
The leaders are likely to discuss concerns raised by Advani in the running of the party. It will be the first personal interaction between them after the BJP leader withdrew his resignation from all party posts on June 11 at the behest of the RSS chief.
Advani was unhappy with the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as head of the BJP election campaign committee which was announced at the Goa conclave on June 9.
Gujarat Chief Minister had met Advani on Tuesday in an apparent bid to mollify him after the bitter acrimony over his elevation.
With additional inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology