Advani compares West Bengal with Gujarat
Advani said Gujarat is now one of the most advanced states, while West Bengal under Marxist rule has lagged behind.
Nakashipara: Senior BJP leader L K Advani on Thursday drew a comparison between West Bengal and Gujarat, saying while West Bengal failed to develop in the 34 years of Left Front rule, Gujarat in a short time forged ahead.
''Gujarat is now one of the most advanced states, while West Bengal under Marxist rule has lagged behind,'' Advani said in Nadia district where his party has put up a candidate for the assembly election.
The veteran leader said the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre had brought significant development to the country and claimed it could have done more had it remained in power for a longer period.
Asking voters not to forget the role of the LF government in opposing computerisation in West Bengal back in 1986, he said the 'tired' ruling combine should be given 'leave'.
Though he refrained from directly attacking the Trinamool Congress in his speech, preferring to fire his salvos at the Left Front, he, however, said that the local TMC MLA had done nothing in the last 10 years and therefore should be changed in favour of his party's candidate.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be