BJP has decided on responsibilities for 2014 polls: Sources
Chaired by BJP President Rajnath Singh, the meeting was attended by Narendra Modi, LK Advani and other top leaders.
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leadership decided on the functional responsibilities for the 2014 Lok Sabha at the Parliamentary Board meeting in New Delhi on Thursday.
Chaired by BJP President Rajnath Singh, the meeting was attended by Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP's newly appointed campaign committee chief Narendra Modi, senior party leader LK Advani and the top brass.
Sources say the announcement about the decisions taken at the meeting will be made by Rajnath Singh on Friday. Sources also say that former BJP president Nitin Gadkari is likely to be appointed the in-charge of Delhi and Rajasthan, which will go to polls in a few months.
The campaign, literature, back office, tours and travels, mobilisation, manifesto sub-committees have been finalised but the announcement will be made later.
This is the first board meeting after a series of meetings RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat had with the BJP leadership.
The Parliamentary Board, the party's highest decision-making forum, also discussed BJP's strategy for the Monsoon Session of Parliament beginning on August 5. The Food Security Ordinance and the state of the economy are prominent issues that BJP plans to take up in the session.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away