Advani not behind Gadkari opting out: Rajnath
Rajnath Singh claimed that LK Advani always took decisions in consultation with other party members.
New Delhi: The newly-elected BJP President Rajnath Singh has rubbished the speculations that senior party leader LK Advani was behind Nitin Gadkari opting of the party chief's race. Declaring that he would maintain an aggressive stand towards the Congress, Rajnath Singh said that he had been hurt and surprised to see the way Gadkari had to resign.
Speaking to IBN7 Singh said that Advani had not role to play in Gadkari deciding against contesting for the president's post. Singh claimed that Advani always took decisions in consultation with other party members so he has not responsible for Gadkari's resignation. When asked about Karnataka, he said that the BJP government in state will complete its five-year tenure.
Praising Narendra Modi, he said that the Gujarat Chief Minister was a very popular leader of the country and would play an important role in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. He also added that Modi knew very well what to do and that he would consult Modi about the strategy for the 2014 elections. The BJP will face every challenge as one unit, he added.
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial Samajwadi Party Meet
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Challenges Posed By Akhilesh
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Breaks Down During Speech, Blames Amar Singh For Rift
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal