Advani ignored at Ansari's swearing in: BJP sources
Sources also allege that he was not given an appropriate seating in the President's enclosure during the Independence Day gathering.
New Delhi: The UPA has come under fire from the BJP on senior leader's LK Advani's seating at Vice President Hamid Ansari's swearing in ceremony and at the Independence Day gathering at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Sources say that the the BJP is upset with Advani being seated at a corner and was ignored during the swearing-in ceremony of Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
They also allege that he was not given an appropriate seating in the President's enclosure during the Independence Day gathering at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
President Pranab Mukherjee has subsequently spoken to Advani. The President's office claims that there's no past precedent for the seating of Cabinet ministers or the Leaders Of the Opposition.
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan
- I am an Allahabadi Goonda, Katju Tells Raj Thackeray on Row Over Pak Artistes
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes