Full text: Advani's statement in support of Gadkari
LK Advani said that the corruption allegations against Gadkari is UPA's strategy to paint the entire political class with the same brush to minimise and escape its unpardonable sins.
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Wednesday came out in support of party President Nitin Gadkari and said that the corruption allegations against Gadkari is the UPA's strategy to paint the entire political class with the same brush to minimise and escape its unpardonable sins. Advani issued a statement in support of Gadkari.
The statement reads:
I have been keenly following the media reports on the monumental corruption by the ruling UPA which has made the political class hang its head in shame. But the UPA is trying to work a strategy to paint the entire political class with the same brush to minimise and escape its unpardonable sins. An off shoot of this is allegations of wrong doing against the opposition leaders - an instance of which is the allegation against Shri Nitin Gadkari the BJP President.
This is more to neutralise the unprecedented charges against the ruling UPA. But I am of the view that the BJP should be different and should not claim immunity on either scale or nature of the allegations. One of the allegations of wrong doing against Nitinji relating to land issue has been proved wrong according to media reports themselves. Next, on certain media allegations questioning investments in business enterprises Nitinji has come clean asking for an inquiry by the Department of Company Affairs. It is a fair and proper response.
This shows the difference in the BJP's attitude. It needs to be noted that the allegations are about standards of business and not misuse of power or corruption. The government also has said it will inquire. I hope that the government inquiry will be fair and the government will not use its political hostility to the BJP to colour the inquiry. I congratulate Nitinji for voluntarily asking for an inquiry.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues