Advani unwell, defers meeting with RSS chief till Thursday
LK Advani also skipped a public meeting on Ganga river issue organised by BJP vice president Uma Bharati.
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani was indisposed on Wednesday and put off by a day his meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat. Sources close to Advani said that all his engagements for the day have been cancelled. He will now have a meeting with Bhagwat on Thursday, the sources said.
Advani also skipped a public meeting on Ganga river issue organised by BJP vice president Uma Bharati.
Thursday's meeting between Advani and Bhagwat will be the first personal interaction between them after the BJP leader withdrew his resignation from all party posts on June 11 at the behest of the RSS chief.
Advani was unhappy with the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as head of the BJP Election Campaign Committee which was announced at the Goa conclave on June 9.
In his resignation letter, Advani had lamented that some leaders were only interested in their "personal agendas" and that this was no longer the party its ideologues like Shymama Prasad Mookherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay and Atal Bihari Vajpayee had ardently worked for.
Modi met Advani on Tuesday in an apparent bid to mollify him after the bitter acrimony over his elevation. Meanwhile, former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari met Bhagwat at the RSS office here. BJP President Rajnath Singh and other leaders are also likely to meet Bhagwat.
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir