'Advaniji has not forgiven me for becoming PM'
The BJP leader believed that being PM was his birth right, said Manmohan Singh.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday took potshots at octogenarian LK Advani, saying the former deputy prime minister has not forgiven him for becoming the prime minister which the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader thought was his birthright.
"Advaniji believes that prime ministership is his birthright. He has not forgiven me," said Singh in his reply to the discussion on WikiLeaks revelation of US diplomatic cables on the cash-for-votes scandal of 2008.
Manmohan Singh asked Advani to wait for three more years to fulfill his dreams.
Advani had led his party in asking for the prime minister's resignation after the leaked US diplomatic cables suggested that MPs may have been bribed for supporting the Manmohan Singh government.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century