DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Afzal Guru hanged: Silent march at Aligarh Muslim University
Over 100 Kashmiri-origin students took part in the march and distributed a printed statement titled 'Justice Hanged'.
Aligarh: Kashmiri-origin students on Monday held a silent march at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus to protest against the country's criminal justice system following the hanging of Afzal Guru in the Parliament attack case.
Over 100 protesters of the Aligarh Activists' Society took part in the march and distributed a printed statement titled "Justice Hanged".
"Afzal Guru was being tried for one of the most serious crimes in the country but had no real legal representation and the state had no witnesses that could directly implicate him in the crime," the statement said. Meanwhile, security on the AMU campus has been tightened as a precautionary measure in view of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi's scheduled visit to the University on February 16 as the chief guest at its Annual Convocation.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh