Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Pawar holds review meeting
Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were present at the meeting.
Mumbai: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Friday reviewed political situation in Maharashtra at a meeting in Mumbai to discuss preparations for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister RR Patil were among those who attended the meeting, held at Ajit Pawar's official residence at Malabar Hill in Mumbai this evening.
NCP had contested 22 Lok Sabha seats out of the 48 in the state in 2009. NCP spokesman said Pawar took stock of the situation in these constituencies. The meeting reviewed the local political scenarios, he added.
NCP is a part of UPA at the Centre, as well as of ruling Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra. Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were also present at the meeting.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18