Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Pawar holds review meeting
Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were present at the meeting.
Mumbai: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Friday reviewed political situation in Maharashtra at a meeting in Mumbai to discuss preparations for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister RR Patil were among those who attended the meeting, held at Ajit Pawar's official residence at Malabar Hill in Mumbai this evening.
NCP had contested 22 Lok Sabha seats out of the 48 in the state in 2009. NCP spokesman said Pawar took stock of the situation in these constituencies. The meeting reviewed the local political scenarios, he added.
NCP is a part of UPA at the Centre, as well as of ruling Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra. Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were also present at the meeting.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner