DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AIADMK-KYF ink poll pact
AIADMK has allotted 41 seats to DMDK and is yet to strike a deal with CPI-M, CPI and MDMK.
Chennai: AIADMK on Saturday entered into an electoral agreement with Tamil Nadu Kongu Youth Federation alloting it one seat for the April 13 Assembly elections.
AIADMK General Secretary J Jayalalithaa and Tamil Nadu Kongu Youth Federation founder-Organiser U Thaniyarasu signed the agreement, an AIADMK statement said.
AIADMK Treasurer O Panneerselvam and Headquarters Secretary K A Sengottaiyan were also present on the occasion,it said.
The principal opposition party has so far allotted 41 seats to DMDK headed by actor Vijaykant, two to Puthia Tamizhagam and one each to Moovendar Munnetra Kazhagam, Akila India Naadalum Makkal Katchi of actor Karthik and RPI.
It is yet to strike a deal with CPI-M, CPI and MDMK.
The ruling DMK has so far struck a pact with the Kongu Nadu Munnetra Kazhagam, which has considerable following among the dominant Gounder community in the western districts, alloting it seven seats.
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Virat Kohli & Co to Watch Movie Together
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond