AIADMK manifesto is full of lies: Alagiri
Terming the AIADMK manifesto as full of lies, M K Alagiri said it only reflects Jayalalithaa's fear of defeat.
Madurai: Terming the AIADMK manifesto as one full of 'lies', Union Chemicals and Fertiliser Minister and DMK leader M K Alagiri said it only reflects party leader Jayalalithaa's fear of defeat in the April 13 assembly elections.
"The AIADMK manifesto is full of lies. Earlier Jayalalithaa had suspended several welfare schemes of DMK leader M Karunanidhi, including wedding assistance scheme. Now she has promised she will give Rs 30,000 and gold.
"She will neither win elections nor give gold," Alagiri said at an election meeting here.
Well known actress Khushboo, who also spoke, described the AIADMK manifesto as a copy of that of DMK. She suggested that Jayalalithaa, instead of resorting to such tactics, copy his good character, like respect for other leaders.
The AIADMK's March 24 manifesto promised 20 kg of free rice for ration-card holders, laptops for students from classes XI, free fans, mixers and grinders to all and mineral water to BPL families, four grams of gold for 'Thali' (mangalsutra) free of cost to the poor, besides several other sops.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right