DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AICC endorses Rahul's appointment as Cong VP
There was unanimous acclamation by AICC delegates when party general secy Janardhan Dwivedi announced the new post for Rahul.
Jaipur: The anointment of Rahul Gandhi as the Vice President and 'number two' in the Congress party was on Sunday ratified by the AICC. The Congress Working Committee's decision on Saturday night to appoint Rahul as Vice President was approved by the AICC delegates by clapping of hands.
At the start of the day-long AICC session, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi announced the CWC decision to appoint the 42-year-old leader as the Vice President and there was unanimous acclamation of the step by the delegates.
Rahul Gandhi takes over at a time when the Congress is facing stiff battle from regional parties and faces the daunting task of overhauling it well ahead of the 2014 General Elections.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere