Ajmer Dargah chief says he will boycott Pakistani PM's visit
Meanwhile, the Dargah committee has decided to give the Pakistani Prime Minister a grand reception.
Ajmer: Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan, the chief of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chisti Dargah in Ajmer, has announced the boycott of Pakistani Prime Minister Pervez Ashraf, who is scheduled to visit shrine of Sufi saint on Saturday. The Dargah chief said that the boycott has been announced to protest against the beheading of Indian soldiers at the Line of Control. Several Hindu organisations have also announced protests against Ashraf's visit.
Ajmer's lawyers have also decided to protest against the Pakistani Prime Minister's visit giving the state administration one more problem to deal with. Meanwhile, the Dargah committee has decided to give the Pakistani Prime Minister a grand reception. Ashraf is coming to Ajmer on March 9.
The administration has removed the speed breakers on the road connecting the Ajmer Dargah to the helipad. Indian Air Force helicopters are being used to maintain security and intelligence agencies are keeping a close watch on the hotels near the Dargah.
Meanwhile, the Congress and External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid appealed the political parties and organisation to not do politics over the Ashraf's, calling it a private affair. Senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar also said that one should respect the prime minister of any country who is touring India. Union Minister Rajiv Shukla added that Indian and Pakistan should continue with the dialogue process.
Meanwhile, RJD chief Lalu Prasad called the beheading of Indian soldiers by Pakistani troop an extremely despicable act. "I think the Pakistani government will take strict action and such kinds of incidents are painful. We welcome the Pakistani Prime Minister. He is visiting Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chisti Dargah and may god give him good sense. No one should do politics over his visit and war is not only the solution, we should sort out the matter through discussion," he said.
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Pak Nuclear Scientist
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts