Who is MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi?
Akbaruddin Owaisi is the MIM leader in the state Assembly and is known to have made speeches against public figures
Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi is not new to controversies. Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is the younger brother of MIM chief and Lok Sabha MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is a member of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly from Chandrayangutta in Hyderabad.
Owaisi is the MIM leader in the state Assembly and is known to have made several speeches against public figures, leaders and even organisations. In 2007 Owaisi allegedly threatened a fatwa to behead noted Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasreen.
In 2011 he called many Andhra Pradesh MLAs 'kafirs' (people outside the fold of Islam) and 'kufrastan' and in April 2012 he used demeaning language against the Hindu god Ram. In November 2012 he said that the Andhra Pradesh Police an 'army of impotent people' while his latest is the hate speeches made in December 2012.
Two FIRs were registered suo motu at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts while a third case was registered by Osmania University police, following a court directive after Owaisi allegedly used inflammatory language against a particular community in December 2012.
Owaisi has been booked under Sec 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and Sec 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings) of IPC. The MIM legislator has also been booked under Sec 121 (waging or attempting to wage war, or abetting waging of war, against the Government of India) of IPC.
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor