Akhilesh Yadav unveils Noida, Greater Noida projects from Lucknow
He gave Noida and Greater Noida a miss reportedly due to a superstition that any serving CM who visits the two cities loses the next poll.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday unveiled projects worth Rs 3,300 crore for the development of Noida and Greater Noida from Lucknow on Tuesday. Akhilesh unveiled the projects from the state capital giving Noida and Greater Noida a miss reportedly due to a superstition that any serving chief minister who visits the two cities loses the next election.
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said that Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway authorities had a budget almost equalling Delhi and so the development work in the two cities should be expedited. The two cities have got new projects worth Rs 3,337 crore.
Akhilesh laid the foundation stones and dedicated the projects to public from his official residence Lucknow. The projects include two sub-stations at the cost of Rs 1,016 crore, a proposed district hospital worth Rs 424 crore in Noida, a medical university with an estimated cost of Rs 500 crore and an administrative block to be set up at a cost of Rs 300 crore at Greater Noida.
But Samajwadi Party leaders rubbished the rumours that Akhilesh did not come to Noida due the fear of losing elections. Samajwadi Party MP Naresh Agarwal said that his party and Akhilesh did not believe in the superstition.
However, several state chief ministers who visited Noida failed to retain power. These leaders include Veer Bahadur Singh, Narayan Dutt Tiwari, Kalyan Singh and Rajnath Singh. All these leaders toured Noida only to lose in the next elections and with it their chief ministership. Even the previous chief minister Mayawati avoided visiting Nopida for a long time after assuming power in 2007. But in 2011 Mayawati came to Noida and lost power in the 2012 Assembly elections.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet