Akhilesh's wife to launch 2nd political innings
Dimple Yadav will file her nomination for the Kannauj by-poll, considered a much safer seat, as it has been thrice represented by Akhilesh Yadav.
Lucknow: Dimple Yadav, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, will file her nomination for the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-poll on Tuesday, a Samajwadi Party (SP) leader said.
The by-poll was necessiated by Akhilesh Yadav's election to the state legislative Council and Dimple was fielded following consultations and deliberations, the leader said.
This is the second innings of Dimple Yadav, the first being when she was fielded by the SP from Firozabad, a party bastion, in 2009.
She then had lost at the hands of former party leader and then the Congress candidate, Raj Babbar, leading to a churning within the party, which was accused of blindly promoting the first family of the Samajwadi Party (SP).
Her loss at the hustings was also seen as diminishing political fortunes of Mulayam Singh Yadav and his party.
Kannauj is considered a more safer seat for the Yadav 'bahu', as the seat has been thrice represented by Akhilesh Yadav, and also because the party fared exceedingly well in the state assembly elections in March.
According to party sources, Dimple will address a political rally at Kannauj and might have the company of party chief Mulayam Singh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav on Tuesday.
- Pakistani Troops Fire at Indian Positions in RS Pura, 6 Civilians Injured
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves