Akhilesh's wife to launch 2nd political innings
Dimple Yadav will file her nomination for the Kannauj by-poll, considered a much safer seat, as it has been thrice represented by Akhilesh Yadav.
Lucknow: Dimple Yadav, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, will file her nomination for the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-poll on Tuesday, a Samajwadi Party (SP) leader said.
The by-poll was necessiated by Akhilesh Yadav's election to the state legislative Council and Dimple was fielded following consultations and deliberations, the leader said.
This is the second innings of Dimple Yadav, the first being when she was fielded by the SP from Firozabad, a party bastion, in 2009.
She then had lost at the hands of former party leader and then the Congress candidate, Raj Babbar, leading to a churning within the party, which was accused of blindly promoting the first family of the Samajwadi Party (SP).
Her loss at the hustings was also seen as diminishing political fortunes of Mulayam Singh Yadav and his party.
Kannauj is considered a more safer seat for the Yadav 'bahu', as the seat has been thrice represented by Akhilesh Yadav, and also because the party fared exceedingly well in the state assembly elections in March.
According to party sources, Dimple will address a political rally at Kannauj and might have the company of party chief Mulayam Singh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav on Tuesday.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP