UP minister clarifies 'steal a little' remark
Shivpal Yadav had earlier said, "I told PWD officials that if you work hard, you can steal a little but not behave like dacoits."
Lucknow: Blaming the media for misquoting him, Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's uncle Shivpal Yadav clarified that he did not give any bizarre advice for bureaucrats. Yadav earlier in the day was quoted saying, "I told PWD officials that if you work hard, you can steal a little but not behave like dacoits."
Clarifying his statement, the minister said, "We were talking about the corruption in earlier government and how to control it. I was telling the PWD officials to work hard and how to stop corruption and fight aganist corruption."
"I have been advocating that there should be zero tolerance to corruption," added Yadav.
Insisting that media misquoted him, Yadav said, "Media was not allowed inside and they sneaked into the meeting. And when they had to tell, the complete speech should have been released. This should not have been done."
"We will not spare anyone involved in corruption," said Yadav.
Yadav had made a bizarre statement earlier in July too. He had made a pitch to save cows from slaughter by suggesting that people kill and feast on the endangered Nilgai instead. "Don't butcher cows, there are plenty of Nilgai, anyone can kill them. They taste good when made into kebabs," Yadav had said.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Movie ReviewLa La Land Review: Ryan-Emma's Story Is A Well-Crafted Musical
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Indian Super LeagueISL 2016: Team has Enough Bench Strength to Quell Forlan Absence, Says Mumbai Coach
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings