Ex-BJP president Bangaru Laxman gets bail
Bangaru Laxman will be released from Tihar Jail on Friday where he has been lodged since April 27.
New Delhi: Former BJP President Bangaru Laxman was granted bail on Thursday in high court in fictious arms deal case. Laxman, who is serving a four-year jail term, was caught on camera taking a bribe of Rs one lakh. Laxman was released on Thursday on a Rs 50,000 bail bond.
Laxman will be released from Tihar Jail on Friday where he has been lodged since April 27. Earlier, Bangaru was sentenced to four years in jail, besides a fine of Rs one lakh, after being convicted under the Prevention of Corruption Act for accepting the bribe from a fake arms dealer in the fictitious deal in 2001.
Bangaru was caught on camera in the sting operation accepting money in his chamber in the party headquarters and had to quit as BJP chief shortly after the expose which had created a huge political storm. The sting was conducted by news portal tehelka.com. The video CDs were released by the portal on March 13, 2001.
Recommended For You
- Baba Ramdev's Dangal Dazzles Fans at PWL
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa Gets Married to Boyfriend Vikrant in The House, See Pics
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Lenovo P2 vs Honor 6X vs Vivo V5 Plus: All You Need to Know
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More