DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
No official intimation from Krishna: PMO sources
The Congress party also said that there was no information about the resignation of the External Affairs Minister.
New Delhi: Amid reports that External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Friday offered to resign ahead of the proposed Cabinet reshuffle, which is slated to take place on Sunday, sources in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) have said that they have received no official intimation about the same.
This came even as the Congress party also said that there was no information about the resignation of the External Affairs Minister. Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said, "We do not know if Krishna has resigned."
Krishna is likely to resign on Friday and is expected to be given an important position in the Karnataka unit of the Congress party. The External Affairs Minister is expected to resign as he wants to give a free hand to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the Cabinet reshuffle.
There had been speculation that Krishna would be dropped in Sunday's reshuffle as there were several controversies involving him, including a Lokayukta report against him and his England tour to watch tennis matches at Wimbledon.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong