Nitin Gadkari to continue as BJP President till January 2013
Gadkari, who took charge on December 19, 2009, has been under constant pressure and scrutiny during his term as the BJP chief.
New Delhi: Ending months of speculation, the BJP on Saturday said that Nitin Gadkari will continue as the party president till January 2013. Gadkari, who took charge as the party chief on December 19, 2009, has been under constant pressure and scrutiny during his term as the BJP chief, especially in the past few months following allegations of corruption.
The BJP said as the elections are currently underway in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh so the election for the the post of BJP national president will now be held in the second week of January.
Earlier some senior party MP's had sought Gadkari's resignation in the wake of allegations against his Purti Group. The BJP and the RSS have so far stood by the party president. The RSS had suspected that tirade against Gadkari is linked to the unresolved leadership issues within the BJP - especially in the light of BJP recently ammending it constitution making Gadkari eligible for the second consecutive term when the first one ends in December, 2012.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines