Rahul's elevation a historic step: Congress
Congress called the appointment of Rahul Gandhi as party's VP as "game changer", while Opposition termed it "amusing".
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi, son of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, was on Saturday named the Vice President of the party at the Congress Working Committee meeting in Jaipur. Following were the reactions to the development that the Congress has termed as "game changer":
Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot: It is a historic step. It will be unifying force for youngsters to work together, it will give us energy and power to work. We are thankful to Sonia Gandhi for accepting our demand. It's a path breaking step that will change the game now.
Jitin Prasad, Congress leader: It is a very good news. Rahul Gandhi will work for the youth of the country. We will win the upcoming Lok Sabha election under his leadership.
Sandeep Dikshit, Congress leader: Elevation of Rahul Gandhi will have an all over effect on Congress.
RPN Singh, Minister of State for Home Affairs: Rahul will lead the party. He will be the face of the party. Rahul has brought new thinking in the party, today's youth has got a voice.
Janardhan Dwivedi, Congress spokesperson: AK Antony has proposed the name of Rahul Gandhi as Vice President of Congress, CWC has welcomed the proposal and Sonia Gandhi has given her yes. Rahul has accepted the proposal. Will he lead the next election? That decision will be taken later.
However, the Opposition called the development as "amusing", saying Rahul's elevation in the party will not change anything.
Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain: There is nothing big in it. Rahul Gandhi was always number two after Sonia Gandhi. Elevation of Rahul Gandhi to number two will not change anything.
BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy: It is shocking and amusing. We are a little surprise because in Congress everything belongs to one family, then what does the number mean? BJP has no objection to it, but we would like to know what Rahul feels about youth, soldiers killed on LoC, corruption and other things?
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income