DMK member Vasanthi Stanley faints while protesting in Rajya Sabha
DMK MPs have been staging protests against the Sri Lankan war crimes issue.
New Delhi: DMK member Vasanthi Stanley fainted in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday while staging a protest. Vasanthi was rushed to hospital. DMK MPs have been staging protests against the Sri Lankan war crimes issue.
Following the protests, the Rajya Sabha was adjourned twice on Wednesday. Three DMK ministers, SS Palanimanickam, Gandhiselvan and S Jagathrakshakan, have met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and submitted their resignations.
DMK chief Karunanidhi has said there is no change in his party's stand of withdrawing from the government. "We reiterate our demand for stronger amendments in the US draft in Geneva and a strong resolution to be passed in Parliament. The demands made by DMK were not considered by the central government and thus, there is no change in our stand," Karunanidhi said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right