DMK member Vasanthi Stanley faints while protesting in Rajya Sabha
DMK MPs have been staging protests against the Sri Lankan war crimes issue.
New Delhi: DMK member Vasanthi Stanley fainted in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday while staging a protest. Vasanthi was rushed to hospital. DMK MPs have been staging protests against the Sri Lankan war crimes issue.
Following the protests, the Rajya Sabha was adjourned twice on Wednesday. Three DMK ministers, SS Palanimanickam, Gandhiselvan and S Jagathrakshakan, have met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and submitted their resignations.
DMK chief Karunanidhi has said there is no change in his party's stand of withdrawing from the government. "We reiterate our demand for stronger amendments in the US draft in Geneva and a strong resolution to be passed in Parliament. The demands made by DMK were not considered by the central government and thus, there is no change in our stand," Karunanidhi said.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal