Announcement on BJP's PM candidate not just yet
Sources said that LK Advani's supporters have outrightly rejected a demand to make Narendra Modi the PM candidate.
Panaji: In first signs of a breakthrough at the BJP National Executive meeting in Goa, sources said that party president Rajnath Singh is set to announce Narendra Modi's name as the election campaign committee chief for 2014 on Sunday.
However, under pressure from the LK Advani camp, the party has delayed the leadership issue. Whether Modi will be the face for 2014 will be decided at a later stage. Sources added that Advani supporters have outrightly rejected a demand by the Modi camp to make him the PM face for 2014.
Reportedly, there were hectic late night meetings on Saturday between all stake holders that has finally led to a decision. Sources said that post the announcement, Modi and Rajnath will travel to Delhi either on Sunday or on Monday to meet party patriarch LK Advani.
Various formulae were up in the air including one under which Modi may be made Convener rather than Chairman of the campaign committee and another committee may be set up for the management of election, something the Advani camp has reportedly been pressing for.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1