Nitish Kumar sacks all BJP ministers in Bihar Cabinet
Nitish Kumar told Bihar Governor DY Patil that he wanted all the 11 ministers sacked as they had stopped attending office.
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday sacked all 11 BJP ministers in his Cabinet following the JD(U)-BJP split. Nitish had told Governor DY Patil that he wanted all the ministers sacked as they had stopped attending office.
"This situation cannot continue. Ministers are meant to work. Such a situation is not acceptable," Nitish said while addressing a press conference in Patna, adding that he has called for a special session of the assembly on Wednesday to prove his majority.
Bharatiya Janata Party ministers stopped attending office and returned their official vehicles as it became clear that the Janata Dal-United and the BJP were set to part ways after being together for 17 years.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor