LK Advani meets RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat
The meeting comes a day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had called on the veteran Sangh leader.
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader LK Advani and Rashrtiya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Chief Mohan Bhagwat met on Thursday. The meeting comes a day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had called on the veteran Sangh leader.
The recent infighting within the BJP is likely to be discussed during Advani's meeting with Bhagwat. The meeting initially set for Wednesday was called off as the senior BJP leader was unwell.
Thursday's meeting is the first personal interaction between them after Advani withdrew his resignation from all party posts on June 11 at the behest of the RSS chief.
Advani was unhappy with the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as head of the BJP election campaign committee which was announced at the Goa conclave on June 9.
The Gujarat Chief Minister had met Advani on Tuesday in an apparent bid to mollify him after the bitter acrimony over his elevation.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pak Approaches World Bank to Mediate Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate