Mulayam Singh Yadav placed under house arrest
SP has planned to hold three-day agitation against 'misrule' of the BSP-led government.
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was placed under house arrest on Monday along with his son Akhilesh Singh.
The step to house arrest the father-son duo was taken as the Samajwadi Party (SP) has planned to hold three-day agitation against the "misrule" of the BSP-led government starting from Monday across the state.
"I was not allowed to move out of the house to attend Lok Sabha. This is gross violation of law," said Mulayam Singh.
Mulayam Singh Yadav had also sent a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar in this regard.
"The SP agitation against Mayawati in the state has been successful. I have written a letter to Lok Sabha speaker against the Mayawati government," said Mulayam Singh.
The UP Police have also started arresting other leaders of the party across the state.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training