DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mulayam Singh Yadav placed under house arrest
SP has planned to hold three-day agitation against 'misrule' of the BSP-led government.
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav was placed under house arrest on Monday along with his son Akhilesh Singh.
The step to house arrest the father-son duo was taken as the Samajwadi Party (SP) has planned to hold three-day agitation against the "misrule" of the BSP-led government starting from Monday across the state.
"I was not allowed to move out of the house to attend Lok Sabha. This is gross violation of law," said Mulayam Singh.
Mulayam Singh Yadav had also sent a letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar in this regard.
"The SP agitation against Mayawati in the state has been successful. I have written a letter to Lok Sabha speaker against the Mayawati government," said Mulayam Singh.
The UP Police have also started arresting other leaders of the party across the state.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere