Cong hits out at BJP after it announced Modi as party's PM candidate
Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi hit out at Modi saying when he cannot get his party together, how can he build consensus in the country.
New Delhi: The Congress took a dig at the Bharatiya Janata Party after it unofficially announced that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be anointed as party's prime ministerial candidate. Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said, "They have announced several prime ministerial candidates in the past and have faced defeat. People should see that those who talk about internal democracy, how decisions are taken in their party and who takes them."
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde refused to comment on Modi's candidature. When asked about Modi's elevation in the BJP, he said, "Leave Modi today." The remarks came when he was addressing a press conference on Delhi gangrape and murder sentencing.
Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi hit out at Modi saying when he cannot get his party together, how can he build consensus in the country. "Modi is arrogant. He couldn't get his party together, how can he build consensus in the country." He added Modi's vote share has gone down even in Gujarat.
On projecting Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi as prime ministerial candidate, he said, "It is not our policy to announce prime ministerial candidate before elections."
Even though the BJP had taken a decision on Modi's candidature, party patriarch LK Advani is openly opposing it. He has conveyed to Sushma Swaraj and party President Rajanth Singh that in case the party decides to go ahead with the decision, he will lose interest in working with the party. The Advani camp had insisted that the decision on the issue should be taken after state Assembly elections.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta