Rajasthan's ex-minister Babulal Nagar's aide caught on camera offering bribe to rape victim
A 35-year-old woman had alleged that Nagar had raped and assaulted her at his official bungalow on September 11.
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar, accused of raping and assaulting a 35-year-old woman, has been suspended from the Congress party on Monday.
Meanwhile, a video has also emerged on Monday allegedly showing his close associate trying to bribe and threaten the complainant and her family into taking back the case.
In the video the associate can be seen offering the family Rs 7 crore. The video was shot by the complainant's son and will be presented before the court as evidence. The complainant had earlier alleged intimidation by Babulal Nagar.
Nagar resigned as the minister for dairy, khadi and rural industries following an FIR against him by a woman alleging that he had raped and assaulted her at his official bungalow on September 11 after taking her there on the pretext of giving her a job.
The 53-year-old Nagar, however, has denied the charges, saying that his political rivals were trying to "frame" him ahead of Assembly elections in the state.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'