Telangana: Sushil Kumar Shinde, 5 ministers from Seemandhra meet PM
The Group of Ministers on Telangana will also meet at Finance Minister P Chidambaram's office on Monday evening.
New Delhi: As a fallout of Telangana decision, five ministers from Seemandhra including Pallam Raju(HRD Minister), KS Rao(MoS), Purandeshwari Devi (MoS commerce), Kotla Suryaprakash Reddy (MoS) and Killi Kripa Raju (MoS IT), along with Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde met Prime Minster Manmohan Singh at his residence on Monday to discuss the situation in Andhra Pradesh and the simmering discontent in Seemandhra region of the state.
Meanwhile, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu accused the Congress of playing dirty politics by bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"The Congress is playing dirty politics, they are taking support of both TRS and YSR Congress. Digvijaya Singh should answer how YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy got bail in the DA case," he said.
Andhra Pradesh is on edge as anti-Telangana forces stepped up their protests on Monday. The shoot-at-sight orders are in place in curfew-bound Vizianagaram following arson and violence.
Meanwhile, the Centre is going ahead and taking the next step to meet the Telangana statehood. The Group of Ministers on Telangana will meet at Finance Minister P Chidambaram's office on Monday evening.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Oscars 2017: Complete List Of Winners
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game