Andhra Pradesh assembly election to be held with Lok Sabha polls
Andhra Pradesh is under political turmoil after CM Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned to mark his protest against the division of the state.
New Delhi: As India gets ready for its 29the state, the Election Commission on Thursday announced that Andhra Pradesh will elect a new Assembly with the Lok Sabha elections. The Lok Sabha elections are likely to take place in the April-May.
Parliament has passed the Telangana Bill (Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, 2013). The Bill is awaiting President Pranab Mukherjee's consent after which India will have 29 states.
Andhra Pradesh is under political turmoil after Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned to mark his protest against the division of the state. He has also resigned from the Congress.
According to sources, the Ministry of Home Affairs has got the Governor's report which states that government formation by any political party is not possible at this stage in the state. The decision on imposing President's Rule is awaited.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology