Advani wants Ahmedabad East seat for aide Harin Pathak: Sources
Narendra Modi had opposed Pathak's nomination in 2009, but it was overruled by both Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi then.
After being adamant on contesting from Bhopal, BJP patriarch LK Advani now wants the party to field former union minister and his close aide Harin Pathak from Ahmedabad East, according to sources. Pathak is the sitting MP from Ahmedabad East.
BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had opposed Pathak's nomination in 2009, but it was overruled by both Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi then.
The BJP is yet to announce its candidate from Ahmedabad East. Pathak is reportedly upset at Modi keeping him waiting for the seat.
The BJP on Wednesday nominated Advani from Gandhinagar seats despite his willingness to contest from Bhopal. Sources have told CNN-IBN that Advani is adamant on contesting from Madhya Pradesh, saying that he be given a chance to exercise his option to select his seat just as other top party leaders like Rajnath, Arun Jaitley and Narendra Modi.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance