DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nabam Tuki is likely to be named Arunachal CM
Arunachal Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu was found dead on Thursday after his helicopter went missing and crashed.
Itanagar: Public Works Department and Urban Development Minister Nabam Tuki is likely to take oath as the caretaker Chief Minister of Arunchal Pradesh on Thursday evening. Tuki is also the president of Arunachal Pradesh Congress unit.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu was found dead on Thursday after his helicopter went missing and crashed on April 30. His body was recovered in Luguthang by Army search parties on Thursday morning.
Due to bad weather and difficult terrain, Army personnel could not recover the bodies despite locating them on Wednesday.
The body was taken to Tawang where the post-mortem was conducted. His body was then airlifted to the state capital, Itanagar. The MI-17 helicopter carrying his body landed at the helipad at Raj Bhawan.
All state Cabinet ministers, political leaders and Union Minister for Water Resources Salman Khursheed were present to receive the body.
Arunachal government has declared seven-day state mourning and Itanagar is observing a bandh on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish