DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal dead
Bhajan Lal died after suffering a cardiac arrest in Hisar.
Hisar: Former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal died on Friday. Lal, who was the chief minister of the state from 1979-82 and then again from 1982-86, died after suffering a cardiac arrest in Hisar.
The Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) leader was elected to the Lok Sabha for the third time from Hisar during the 2009 General Elections.
A former leader of the Congress party, Lal was also a member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly five time. He served as a minister under the prime ministership of Rajiv Gandhi.
He was Union environment and forests minister from 1986-88 and the Union agriculture minister from 1988-89.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?