DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
JD(U) retains Daraundha Assembly seat in Bihar
Kavita Kumari of the JD (U) won the seat defeating RJD candidate Parmeshwar Singh.
Patna: Janata Dal (United) retained the Daraundha Assembly seat in the by-poll defeating the Rashtriya Janata Dal by 20,092 votes. Kavita Kumari of the JD (U) won the seat defeating RJD candidate Parmeshwar Singh.
The by-poll took place following the death of JD (U) MLA Jagmato Devi. Kavita Kumari is the daughter in-law of Jagmato Devi. She secured 51,754 votes as against 31,662 votes polled by Singh.
The other major candidates in the fray were Kalika Sharan Singh of the Congress and Jainath Yadav of the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist). The Congress came third with just 4,238 votes while the CPI(ML) managed to secure 3,754 votes.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had led the JD(U)-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance to a massive victory in the 2010 Assembly elections in the state. The alliance routed the opposition winning 206 seats out of the 243.
With this win the Bihar Assembly's effective strength of 242 constitutes of JD(U)'s 117 MLAs, while its ally BJP 91, followed by RJD 22, LJP 1, INC 4 and 7 others.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh