Karunanidhi meets Kanimozhi in Tihar Jail
Earlier in the day, Karunanidhi met with Sonia Gandhi, the President of the UPA, for 30 minutes at her residence.
New Delhi: After a court in Delhi decided that Kanimozhi would stand trial in the 2G spectrum case, DMK chief M Karunanidhi met with her in Tihar Jail on Saturday. Kanimozhi has been in jail since May 21 in connection with the 2G case.
Earlier M Karunanidhi met Congress president Sonia Gandhi, the first such meeting between the two leaders after their alliance's rout in the April 13 Tami Nadu Assembly polls.
Karunanidhi and his wife Rajathi Ammal went to Gandhi's 10-Janpath residence on Saturday morning and held discussions for about 30 minutes.
Sources said the DMK patriarch is also understood to have raised the issue of his jailed daughter Kanimozhi, the party MP who was arrested in connection with the 2G spectrum case.
Kanimozhi has been charged with abetment of illegal gratification, criminal conspiracy for criminal breach of trust, cheating, forgery, accepting bribe/illegal gratification and misuse of office.
Kanimozhi has been lodged in jail for almost six months and has been denied bail. The court will resume hearing on the bail applications of various accused, including that of Kanimozhi, from October 24.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right