Kerala pressing the panic button on dam: Vaiko
Central government should immediately deploy CRPF for the protection of the dam, Vaiko said.
New Delhi: After meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the Mullaperiyar Dam issue on Monday, MDMK leader Vaiko said that the the Kerala government was pressing the panic button and putting fear-psychosis in the minds of people of Kerala.
"Central government should immediately deploy CRPF for the protection of the dam. The dam is destroyed in some other circumstances. The unity in India will be no more," he said.
"Tamil Nadu has maintained extreme patience in this matter. There is no danger to the dam and Kerala. Kerala people should not fall a pray to vested interests," Vaiko said.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed