DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bill is against the spirit of Constitution: CPM
CPM leader Sitaram Yechury said that corporates and foreign funded NGOs should be brought under Lokal.
New Delhi: Pitching for a strong Lokpal Bill, CPI (M) leader Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) said the spirit of the Constitution must be kept in mind while framing the law and added that the government should accept the amendments to make a stronger anti-corruption bill.
"Enact an effective Lok Pal. This Bill is against the spirit of Constitution. Federal content of the Bill is questionable," the senior Left party leader said.
"Without the states there is no India. If you are making a law which is against the states, it is against the country," he said.
Targeting the corporate funding during polls, he said, "Corporates and foreign funded NGOs should be brought under Lokpal. Corporate funding of political parties should also be banned."
"Consider amendments. Parliament is supreme. Tell the people that there will be a stronger Lokpal. Government gave mandate to Team Anna to draft the Bill. If we have allowed someone to be a part of the Joint Drafting Committee, we must respect that and not question it now," he added.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%