DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ravi Shastri may replace Modi as IPL chief
The former Indian cricket team captain is currently a member of the IPL Governing Council.
New Delhi: Former India captain and cricket commentator Ravi Shastri has emerged as the surprise front runner to take over as the next commissioner of the Indian Premier League.
Sources have told CNN-IBN that Shastri's name is doing the rounds as the next IPL commissioner for the last two days.
Other media reports also claim that about 60 per cent of the BCCI top brass, including Board president Shashank Manohar is in favour of appointing Shastri, who is currently a member of the IPL Governing Council.
Two other former India captains Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi and Sunil Gavaskar are also on the governing council. Tiger Pataudi earlier this week told CNN-IBN that there was a need to probe the money that was flowing in to the League.
The voice and vote of these three captains will also be quite important at the IPL Governing Council meeting on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi