CPI(M) leader Sushanto Ghosh released
He was jailed in August last year after 7 skeletons were recovered from near his ancestral house in West Midnapore.
New Delhi: Jailed CPI(M) leader, Sushanto Ghosh, was released from the Alipore Central Jail, Kolkata, on Tuesday. He was jailed in August last year after 7 skeletons were recovered from near his ancestral house in West Midnapore. CPI(M) party cadres gathered in large numbers to welcome Ghosh and garlanded him with flowers and chanted slogans once he was out.
The Supreme Court granted Ghosh interim bail last week.
He has been in custody since August 11 last year after his arrest by the state CID for his alleged complicity in the murder of Ajay Acharya, whose son filed an FIR following discovery of his skeleton from a pit.
Seven skeletons were dug out from a pit in a field near Ghosh's ancestral house at Benachapra in West Medinipur district. DNA tests proved that one of the skeletons was that of Acharya. In the FIR, Shyamal Acharya named Ghosh as one of the key accused.
He alleged that his father had been murdered along with the other six, all Trinamool Congress supporters, in September 2002 and their bodies were buried.
Ghosh has maintained that it is a politically-motivated case and was filed after a change in the government in the State.
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Google Allo: A New Messaging App That Seeks to Rival WhatsApp, Facebook
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead