DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI(M) leader Sushanto Ghosh released
He was jailed in August last year after 7 skeletons were recovered from near his ancestral house in West Midnapore.
New Delhi: Jailed CPI(M) leader, Sushanto Ghosh, was released from the Alipore Central Jail, Kolkata, on Tuesday. He was jailed in August last year after 7 skeletons were recovered from near his ancestral house in West Midnapore. CPI(M) party cadres gathered in large numbers to welcome Ghosh and garlanded him with flowers and chanted slogans once he was out.
The Supreme Court granted Ghosh interim bail last week.
He has been in custody since August 11 last year after his arrest by the state CID for his alleged complicity in the murder of Ajay Acharya, whose son filed an FIR following discovery of his skeleton from a pit.
Seven skeletons were dug out from a pit in a field near Ghosh's ancestral house at Benachapra in West Medinipur district. DNA tests proved that one of the skeletons was that of Acharya. In the FIR, Shyamal Acharya named Ghosh as one of the key accused.
He alleged that his father had been murdered along with the other six, all Trinamool Congress supporters, in September 2002 and their bodies were buried.
Ghosh has maintained that it is a politically-motivated case and was filed after a change in the government in the State.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: England Get Rid of De Kock
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes