Maha civic polls: Sena-BJP combine retains Thane
Out of the 130 seats, Congress and the NCP alliance bagged 52 and the Shiv Sena and the BJP alliance 61 seats.
Mumbai: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Shiv Sena retained Thane in the Maharashtra civic polls. The Shiv Sena-BJP alliance took the top spot in the Thane Municipal Corporation polls on Friday.
Out of the 130 seats, Congress and the NCP alliance bagged 52 and the Shiv Sena, BJP and RPI alliance 61 seats.
Raj Thackeray's Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) did not fare well as it could win on just seven seats.
The others, meanwhile, bagged 10 seats.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief